Calculate the bottom-line impact of disorganization for your company or workgroup.
How much is poor time management, disorganization and stress really costing you?
- Time is money. When you waste time, you are wasting money.
- Disorganization and clutter will make every job harder and take longer – waste time.
- The average employee spends over an hour a day just looking for things (a file, business card, note, an email, etc.).
- A company with only 100 employees, each spending just 5 minutes a day on unnecessary email, wastes 500 minutes or 8.3 hours a day. This equals over 6 weeks a year in lost productivity.
- A recent Microsoft study indicated that the average office-based worker spends 2.1 hours a day on unnecessary interruptions and distractions.
- Information overload was one of the main reasons for stress indicated by employees.
- Up to 80% of all doctor's appointments are from stress related lifestyles.
- Up to 60 percent of employee absences are due to psychological problems such as stress and depression.
- "Forty-three percent of Americans surveyed by a Boston Globe report, described themselves as disorganized, and 21 percent have missed crucial work deadlines because of disorganization."
- Nearly ½ of those surveyed said they worked longer hours because of disorganization.
- Unproductive meetings were listed as huge time-wasters by 49% of employees surveyed.
- Over 75% of workers have not had any modern-day information or time management training.
- In the U.S., depressed employees use, on average $4,000 per year of medical services versus less than $1,000 per year for non depressed employees.